Daniel and Samantha Phillips

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 23, 2015

Feeling crummy? Grab some GRATITUDE!

"When you are physically sick, tired, or in despair, steer your thoughts away from yourself and direct them in gratitude and love toward God." F. Enzio Busche



It's so easy for me to feel sorry for myself. Like, I can start to feel pity and it'll quickly become a slippery slope {of doom! --Aiden would say}

    My morning could start off wrong and I feel crummy, and then something else will happen and something else and I'll start to look for the bad! instead of seeking to see the good.
And any shred of light, any positive attitude I had left is just thrown out the window. 
And I start sulking. Feeling bad for myself. 
Everything sucks, my life's too hard... And there's no relief.
You can spend tons of money and it won't change anything.
You can binge on food and it won't change anything.
You can cry and cry and RUNAWAY and it won't change anything. 

There is no relief, but there is a cure: Gratitude.




Gratitude changes the way you see everything! It brings bright sunshine into your heart and warm sunshine into your soul! With a grateful heart you are full on less, and happy! 
It causes your cup to runneth over.
It fills you. 
Life is enough. 
Less becomes more.

   The cure is having gratitude. And when you do, you'll realize you're glad there isn't relief from self pity. If there was a Band Aid for self pity, we would never get better. We would never feel gratitude- because we would never seek for it.

    My MIL gave me a magnet like 4-5 years ago {when Logan was diagnosed} that has a quotes from Spencer W. Kimball:

"Sometimes the solution is not to change our circumstance, but to change our ATTITUDE about that circumstance."




...steer your thoughts away from yourself and direct them in gratitude....

Here's to hoping my "Attitude of Gratitude" stays for a long, long time...
(Like longer than just two weeks!)



Footprints...

... I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

10 ~ 27 ~ 07

10 ~ 27 ~ 07
... Families are Forever ...

Guestbook