Daniel and Samantha Phillips

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 3, 2015

FHE: Alma 43

"It is ok if the houses a mess, the children are still in pajamas, and some responsibilities are left undone. The only things that really need to be accomplished in the home are daily scripture study and prayer, and weekly family home evening." -- Linda S. Reeves.

So grateful I came across that quote this morning! (Now I can postpone the dishes, plan FHE, AND  feel good about it!) 


Catch ya later, guys!

We're doing so good with reading the Book Of Mormon at night!! And I have really noticed the difference it makes. We still get upset sometimes, our children still fight sometimes, we get frustrated at times, but overall there is a greater sense of harmony in our home. We forgive quicker, and our night time routine of reading has NEVER been questioned or disputed. 
(Hopefully I'm not jinxing it!!)

For our FHE lesson tonight I thought I'd base it on what we're reading in the Book Or Mormon.
We're in Alma, just read chapter 42 last night and we'll be reading 43 tonight so I want to incorporate how Captain Moroni prepared the Nephites.





Ugh. My husband loves the gruesome, war chapters... I don't. Not exactly what I envision reading my babies before bed, but the righteous planning, revelation and Faith is there. And that's what counts.

Footprints...

... I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

10 ~ 27 ~ 07

10 ~ 27 ~ 07
... Families are Forever ...

Guestbook