Daniel and Samantha Phillips

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Looking beyond our circumstances...

"When you are physically sick, tired, or in despair, steer your thoughts away from yourself and direct them in gratitude and love toward God." F. Enzio Busche


I've become a little obsessed with creating my own images with quotes, because I don't always find ones I like!



"We can choose to be grateful, no matter what. This type of gratitude transcends whatever is happening around us. It surpasses disappointment, discouragement, and despair. It blooms just as beautifully in the icy landscape of winter as it does in the pleasant warmth of summer.
When we are grateful to God in our circumstances, we can experience gentle peace in the midst of tribulation. In grief, we can still lift up our hearts in praise. In pain, we can glory in Christ’s Atonement. In the cold of bitter sorrow, we can experience the closeness and warmth of heaven’s embrace.
We sometimes think that being grateful is what we do after our problems are solved, but how terribly shortsighted that is. How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain?
Being grateful in times of distress does not mean that we are pleased with our circumstances. It does mean that through the eyes of faith we look beyond our present-day challenges."

I'm in pain, but so grateful for the time to heal. For the time to catch up on reading. To read conference talks and quotes from our Prophets and many apostles and be spiritually fed in the comfort of my bed.
 I'm not necessarily pleased to have to have multiple surgeries, but so grateful to have the option, ability, and opportunity to afford to have the surgeries performed. So grateful for the dentist, for his sweet assistants, and all they do to help me.
My smile will not be perfect, but I will be able to smile everyday. With a mouth full of teeth. I have the blessing of feeling comfortable and confident enough to smile without worry.
I'm so grateful to my husband! He is my source of strength, joy, hope, courage, love, confidence, and happiness! He becomes this ultra-husband when I need to lean on him completely. I'm so grateful for that. I'm so grateful for him.
I'm so grateful to Him for him. ;)

Quote was taken from Dieter F Uchdorf's April 2014 General Conference talk
Dieter F. Uchdorf is Second Councilor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Footprints...

... I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

10 ~ 27 ~ 07

10 ~ 27 ~ 07
... Families are Forever ...

Guestbook