Daniel and Samantha Phillips

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 7, 2014

Logan

Logan. What a roller coaster ride! Just when I feel like I've figured him out, when I feel like I'm getting the groove of things, he throws me for another loop-de-loop. 
Thanks.
Logan. He is a miracle and a mystery.

And Autism. Ugh! It's a love/hate relationship...
For the record, I hate. Hate. Autism. I hate that it's everywhere I look. I hate that everyone has an opinion when really no one knows anything about it. Not really. Unless of course you have an autistic child yourself, and really even then, you only know what YOU'VE experienced.
My only knowledge has come from what I have witness or read about... I don't have all the answers. but that's ok. I don't need to know everything right now. And even if I wanted to, Heavenly Father is not going to reveal everything to me right now. 
He loves me too much.
I would never build my faith.
How glorious it will be when handicaps and disabilities will be removed. When Logan will see clearly, hear clearly, speak clearly. 
I look forward with everything that I have, everything that I am to that day.
I know Heavenly Father is too.

Until then, I am going to love this child with all my heart. I am going to welcome the dark clouds, not just wait for the rainbows.
I am going to not just endure the storms, but I am going to throw my arms around my son and dance with him in the rain. Every time it rains.
And then, I am going to kneel down and thank Heavenly Father for the dance, hand in hand with my Logan.
Thank you Heavenly Father, for giving me the chance to grow.

Footprints...

... I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

10 ~ 27 ~ 07

10 ~ 27 ~ 07
... Families are Forever ...

Guestbook